How to invest with a gender lens
HeyTrade’s “Gender Equality” themed investment collection puts the spotlight on promoting diversity and fostering equal opportunities
Gender-sensitive investing is a growing trend recognizing companies working to meet the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 5: Achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls.
Parity on boards of directors has advantages for corporate culture and is the cornerstone to build a more dynamic and equitable economy. In fact, research shows that companies with parity on boards perform better, and suggests that long-term investment in companies that are able to identify and leverage the importance of gender equality is directly correlated with higher average returns.
In HeyTrade’s “Gender Equality” collection, you can find 28 companies related to this topic to invest in.
What requirements do the companies on this list meet?
The selection has been carried out on the basis of a proprietary grading methodology. In addition to quantitative metrics related to their equity and rating, the companies on this list have obtained high scores in terms of gender equality, and stand out for their efforts to attract female talent, equal pay, and workplace wellbeing.
These are some of the criteria that have been evaluated:
- Gender equality in senior management positions, management, non-executive boards, executive teams, and staff.
- Equal opportunities for promotion and career development.
- Equal pay, maternity and paternity leave, flexible working hours, and facilities to improve work-life balance.
- Existence of policies to promote gender equality, inclusive hiring, and training and professional growth.
- Protocols for preventing and action against sexual abuse, violence, and harassment.
- Supplier diversity.
Are you missing any companies that should be featured in this collection? Let us know and help us grow this list.
If you’re looking for more ideas to invest in companies consistent with your values, you’re in luck! At HeyTrade we have created seven collections that make it easy to access thematic investing: clean energy, water, artificial intelligence, gender equality, electric vehicles, gaming and eSports, and aging population. Join HeyTrade and discover them!